Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fitting the Pieces Together

The review of the different learning theories and learning styles have made me aware that there is a variety of ways from which to learn and have helped me understand how to best utilize my resources in order to maximize my learning. The lessons have also allowed me to understand how others learn through tools, the environment in which they are in as well as themselves. In addition, the theories have taught me that there is no one definite way of learning but that the environment in which I am in and how the lesson is facilitated can greatly influence my learning as self-awareness, pride, and motivation can.
The learning theories discussed in the past weeks have enabled me to understand how the social environment affects my ability to learn and to process what has been learned. Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory has enabled me to understand that social interaction and cultural environment has a great impact in the way in which I learn. This also helps me understand the contributions, such as knowledge others impart onto me and how they affect my learning process.
Technology is extremely important, especially in my learning on a daily basis. Technology enables me to research topics of interest for personal affairs as well as educational affairs. Without technology, such as the access to the internet, I would be lost as I use the internet for school, to research information, to pay my debts, to make reservations and to communicate with my peers and family, which is part of my learning network. I can say that technology is first and the main tool I use as it enables me to learn and to fulfill my responsibilities. I use the computer and internet for business a large part of my time as well and due to my position, I have become to rely on technology to complete the majority of my work as well as my superiors. Technology has definitely enabled society to conduct business in a faster and more efficient way when compared to the manner in which business was conducted twenty years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment